Friday, March 16, 2007

XO Blow Salon - review

XO Blow Salon
W. 14th Street, between 8th and 9th Avenues

quickie services for a night out - blow outs, manicures and pedicures.

Pros: attentive bordering on sycophantic staff; good results - manicure and pedicure were quick and clean, the hair was a mere straightening of my mostly-straight hair, but the results turned out better than I thought

Cons: website lists makeup application services, but when I called 24 hours before desired appointment, there were unable to book one because "none of our makeup artists responded" or could do it. a sore disappointment for me - it's al ittle off to have your hair and nails done, but looking like your face just got out of bed. they should note on the website that they require 48 hours notice to make an appointment; also got a booboo on my little toe when the pedicurist filed my toe too hard, then tried to blame me that I already had some wound there - no, I don't think so, but she was appropriately sorry

No comments: