Sunday, March 11, 2007

gothamist

gothamist

Since I moved to NYC, I am constantly searching for the definitive guide to all things happening in NYC. I have found guides that cover a sliver of All Things, depending on which socio-economic level you wish to penetrate, but have yet to find one that's all encompassing. The Gothamist comes close to my NYC-heart's desire.

The Gothamist website has got constant news updates, from top story headlines to sports scores to art scene to local politics to foodie reviews and ongoings - plus an opinion on it all. It's also got a million links to other blogs and such, and numerous cool pictures (which sometimes confuse me as I assume the pic has something to do with the blurbs below it, and they usually don't - it's just a cool pic of something NYCish). Also has links to other city blogs referred to as "-ists" should you ever find yourself curious about the vibe in other cities.

I check out the Gothamist daily, several times a day. But that's just because I am a graduate school student and have the time to waste on my computer.

No comments: